Last week there were several quotes used that provide food for thought when dealing with how we handle our finances. I am printing some of them here this morning in hopes that they will stimulate family discussion.
- “Money is always on its way somewhere. What we do with it while it’s in our keeping says much about us.” Rosalie Maggio
- “Spending less is easier than saving more.”
- “Credit is like a rope. You can use it as a tool or tie it into a noose to hang yourself.” Mary Hunt, Publisher of Cheapskate Monthly
- “Most people fail to realize that money is both a test and a trust from God.”-Rick Warren
- “We all want progress, but if you’re on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” C. S. Lewis
- “We make our plans, and then our plans turn around and make us.” F. W. Boreham
- “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.” Marcel Proust
Next Sunday Oct.22nd, one of the local missions we support, WellSpring, will open its doors to the community for its annual Open House from 1-3 PM. All are invited to tour our emergency shelter and transitional housing facility, meet some of valued community partners, play carnival games and enjoy refreshments.