Worship, Communion, Scripture Reading, Message
1. In your opinion, what is the single biggest barrier to godly marriages today?
2. Considering the context of the time, what changes did New Testament teaching have on the lives of women?
3. Why do you think submission is viewed in such a negative light? What would greater submission look like in your life?
4. What are some practical ways a husband can be “considerate” of his wife?
5. What kinds of things get in the way of the unity and love Christians should have with each other?
6. What is something you can do different to have greater harmony with your family and church?
Preschool and Elementary
Songs and Lesson
1. Who was God talking about when he said to “Love your neighbor”?
2. How can we show God’s love to our brothers, sisters, friends, and family?
3. If you go to the park and see another kid who is playing all by themselves and looking sad, what could you do to help show them God’s love?
4. God wants us to live in harmony (or get along with) everyone around us, especially our brothers, sisters, moms and dads. That doesn’t mean we all have to agree on everything or do things the same way. Will you choose to be kind to your family members when they don’t do things the way you want them to?
Watch these videos from veggie tales that tells us how we should be kind to others around us even if they are different than us
Think of someone you know that could use some help. Plan a random act of kindness either on your own or as a family. Here is a list of ideas that could help you – Click Here
Have a snowball fight with cotton balls. Each time you throw a cotton ball at someone, give them a compliment or say something kind!
Watch this Douglas talks video as he tells you about a time he wasn’t so kind and what he learned.
Songs and Lesson:
1. What does it mean to live in harmony with others?
2. What makes it hard to be compassionate to people around you?
3. Check out these verses:
1 John 4:8
4. It can be easy to go about your day only worrying about your own problems and not see others around us struggling. As you go about your week, keep an eye out for ways you can help others around you. Make a goal to do one act of kindness per day.
Fill a bowl with water and sprinkle pepper on top. Take a bar of soap and touch it to the water. What happens? Now take some sugar and pour it into the bowl. What happens? The pepper represents people around us. The soap represents us when we do or say unkind things. The sugar represents us when we say and do nice, kind, SWEET things. How do people react when we are kind vs unkind? Just like the pepper did when we put in the sugar or soap right? How will you treat people this week?