Mother’s Day Welcome, Worship, Communion, Scripture Reading, Message
Questions to consider:
- Have you ever been to a different country or culture? What was it like? Could people easily tell that you were a foreigner? Can unbelievers tell that you are different from them?
- What are some of the most notable differences between “citizens of heaven” and citizens of this world?
- Why might Christians assume that they don’t need to follow laws? How could refusing to follow these laws hurt a Christian’s witness?
- Can you think of a situation in which a Christian would have to choose between obeying the law and obeying God? How would faith play out in that situation?
- How is enduring suffering a sign of God’s grace in your life?
- What is something you can do different to better show Christ’s kingdom to others?
Preschool and Elementary
Songs and Lesson:
- Jesus was kind, forgiving, patient, loving, and a good friend. Do any of those words describe you?
- Have you ever pushed someone back that pushed you? Have you ever called someone a mean name because they called you a name first? Did you ever take a toy from someone because you had it first? Are these things Jesus wants us to do?
- What can we do if we are having trouble acting like Jesus?
- Play a game of follow the leader. If you are the leader, make sure you are having people do things that are good and kind.
- Trace your foot or shoe on a piece of paper and cut it out. Make a couple of these. As you go through this week, write down some ways you followed in Jesus’ footsteps on your foot prints. An example might be that you did what your mom or dad asked the first time they asked. Or maybe you were kind to your brother or sister even though they weren’t being nice to you. Share some of these with us on the youngsters Facebook page to encourage your friends to follow in Jesus’ footsteps too!!
Middle School / Teens
Songs and Lesson:
- How do you react to others around you? Your siblings or parents? Would you say you are following Jesus’ example?
- What are some examples of things Jesus did while he was on earth that we should follow? What qualities or characteristics did he have?
- How do you behave when your parents or teachers are watching verses when there are no adults in the room? Would it make a difference if Jesus was in the room with you? Guess what…. He is!! Think about that next time you get ready to shove a sibling back or break something of theirs because they broke something of yours.
- What is one positive change you can focus on this week that might leave people saying, “Something is different with them. I wonder why they reacted that way instead of their normal response.” Remember as a Christian, you are a heavenly diplomat.